Bookings and Fees
The Village Hall may be hired by anyone over the age of 21.
To book follow the steps below
1. Once you have decided on a date, refer to the Calendar to see if it is available. At this point it might also be advisable to confirm availability with the Bookings Secretary Dela Jenkins (email or 01439 787148).
2. Complete the Oswaldkirk Village Hall Hiring Agreement. You can do this in two ways:
- Click here to download this document, then print out, complete and send to the Bookings Secretary.
- Ask the Bookings Secretary for a hard copy, complete and send back.
- you intend having alcohol at your event, or
- the event falls outside the Hall's licence (for example taking place before 8 am or after 11 pm, or involving a sporting activity).
You will need to obtain special permission from Ryedale District Council. This is done by completing a Temporary Event Notice (TEN) and forwarding two copies to the District Council, together with a cheque for £21, and a further copy for the local police. The TEN can be downloaded here or obtained from the Bookings Secretary, and must be submitted at least 10 days before the event.
4. If the event is to take place before 8 am or after 11 pm you will also need to obtain permission from the Trustees of Oswaldkirk Village Hall via the Bookings Secretary.
Charge : £7 per hour.
Before booking, please read our information sheet